Thursday, April 12, 2012

The greatest change


I saw this on a website.

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
                       - Rumi

It reminds me of a monastic training that taught me, the only person I can change is myself. And the greatest change I can bring to the world is my own change.

So why do I hope to change others?

I think it comes back to control.  And control usually comes when I do not have trust.

For trust can fly free, not without stress, but with less stress.

Trust lets me focus on the mystery. Control makes me think I can change it.

That's my thoughts for today. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...