Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The angel of the Lord will guard you in all your ways



I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared. we read in Ex 23:20-21. And in psalm 34: 8 we read The angel of the Lord is encamped around those who revere God, to rescue them.

Who doesn't want to be guarded by the angels? Basil the Great (+378) says that each one of us has been given an angel to protect, guard and guide us. Bernard of Clairvaux (+1153) insists that the presence of Angels proves that heaven denies us nothing that will assist us.


I have heard countless stories of events and incidents where the person was protected in such a marvelous way it was not hard to attribute the protection to a spiritual being. And I have had my own experiences as well, times when I was so protected from harm I can only think that there was an angel at my side. What a marvelous thing, to believe that you have an angel at your side, watching and protecting!

Psalm 91:10-11 reminds us of God's care:  No evil shall befall you, no affliction come near your tent. For God commands the angels to guard you in all your ways.

Happy Tuesday. Happy Feast of Guardian Angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...