Sunday, November 11, 2012

The power to know deep down



Wisdom. The power to know deep down what is most important. We read from the Book of Wisdom: In Wisdom is a spirit intelligent, holy, unique, manifold, subtle, agile, clear, unstained, certain...loving the good, keen, unhampered, beneficent, kindly, firm, secure, tranquil, all-powerful, all-seeing...For Wisdom...is an aura of the might of God and a pure effusion of the glory of the Almighty, therefore nothing that is sullied enters into her. For she is the refulgence of eternal light, the spotless mirror of the power of God, the image of his goodness.

We do not hear much about wisdom. Instead, other qualities are sought, like studiousness, success, and leadership. And what exactly is wisdom anyway? According the the reading above, it is the refulgence of eternal light, the spotless mirror of the power of God, the image of his goodness.

For wisdom to benefit anyone, it must first benefit me. How easy it is to bring God to others, to mirror the image of goodness in ways others can identify with, and yet feel empty inside myself. How strange that I can be a vessel of God to another, while still searching for that Divine Being. How unique that I can give someone an answer in my simple speech, while I do not know answers for myself.

This is simply how God works. Wisdom begins and grows through a life lived above the superficial cares of life. I can be wise for others. The real challenge is, can I be wise for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...