Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Thanksgiving Day Prayer



For parents who, despite faults and failings, brought me into this world, nurtured me, and taught me the value of hard work, I thank you O God.

For the love of brothers and sisters, who are always there for me, with a love that feeds my soul, I say thanks.

For the blessing of true friends, who support, encourage, and mirror my own spirit, I give thanks.

For the gifts that make me unique, and for the opportunity to exercise these gifts, I am grateful.

For a country that allows me to speak my mind, to pursue my dreams, and to choose my career, I say thank you.

For spiritual blessings that make me appreciate my earthly possessions without depending on them, I give thanks.

For the gifts of mind and soul, that help me see my blessings, share my blessings, and proclaim God's goodness, I offer praise.

For you O God are Divine, above every created thing, yet You are content to live within each soul. You are the reason I give thanks, for you are the source of all blessings. To you be praise, honor, and glory. Forever.

(And thanks for the turkey.)

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...