Monday, November 19, 2012

I was blind, but did not know it



Ever feel you are on a journey but are not sure where you are going?

Then you feel like Isaiah. We read in 42:16: I will bring forth the blind by a road unknown to them and make  them walk in paths they did not know; I will light the shadows before them."

I know that once I thought I could see. And now I realize, I've been blind. When I thought I could see, I made my plans, prepared my road map, set forth on my journey. But it did not bring me to the destination I expected.

It was not until I realized I was blind that I let myself be guided more by the spirit of God. I accepted that I didn't know, and so I surrendered more, and planned less. I went inside to reflect instead of focusing on what I should do.

Being blind turns the world upside down. For we need to plan and work toward and accomplish. But sometimes, we need to sit with a situation and ponder.

As we look forward to Thanksgiving and all that it means to us an Americans, let us take time to stop and reflect. Let us be aware of our blindness, as an individual and as a nation. Let this knowledge be our Thanksgiving grace.

For you cannot receive that which you think you don't need. And if you and I realize our blindness, then we shall ask for light. And God will make the light shine on the shadows before us. And we shall walk on new paths we do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...