Monday, June 4, 2012

The direction of my Way

Artwork by Mary Grace Thul, OP


The Feast was Holy Trinity, and the sermon focused on how Trinity is relationship, and speaks to our relationship with God. And our relationship with God affects how we think of ourselves, and how we treat others.

If I say I believe in God, and yet I am judging others continuously, then you can be sure my God is a judgmental God who keeps tabs and is going to make me pay every last penny. That is sad.

If I say I believe in God, but am timid and fearful, unable to take chances or risks, then my God is weak and unable to be there for me. And that is pitiful.

If I say I believe in God, but am selfish, narcissistic, and vain, then my God doesn't care or ever think about  me. And that isn't true.

My relationship with God is so important. For how I see God is how I view myself and my fellow travelers.

For faith is not just about believing. Jesus said, I am the Way. And that Way includes me. I am also the Way, whether I know it or not. I am The Way by how I live, and what I believe affects that, directly.

It is good to check in and see just what I  believe. All I need do is look at how I am acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...