Thursday, March 8, 2012

Setting my soul in silence and in peace



This morning I read the psalm 131. It goes:

O Lord, my heart is not proud nor haughty my eyes.

I have not gone after things too great nor marvels beyond me.

Truly I have set my soul in silence and peace.

As a child has rest in its mother's arms, even so my soul.

I find these words wonderfully enlightening and encouraging. I am reminded that a spiritual life is one where I find can find peace in silence, and rest in faith.

I am reminded of the value of humility, and the rewards of trust.

I hope these words speak to you as well, in the place where it counts: the depths of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...