Thursday, February 2, 2012

You are so beautiful...



During a conversation yesterday with a good friend, we talked about trust in God, and how it seems that God does take care of us....but takes his time doing it. "If only God wouldn't drag his feet so," I complained to my friend. "If only God would take care of things sooner, without me having to wait and wait and wait!"

I think we all have experienced a trust that waited on God. And waited. And waited. Times when our hearts said, "God I only want to do your will....if only  you would let me know what that is!"

Today, I had an opportunity to make a small gift. It was a sacrifice, because it cost me. But as I started to brood over the offering, I stopped myself and made the gift an offering to God.

I barely did this when I got into my car to go home and prepare for this evening's class. I started up the car, and on the radio, the song by Joe Cocker began, "You are so beautiful....to me." As the song hit my ears, I experienced an overwhelming sense of the presence of God...and that it was not by chance that I got into the car at the exact moment this song started on the radio.

I began to drive away, and as I listened to the words, I thought of them as God singing them to me. The more I listened, the more a realization of what I mean to God overwhelmed me.

I encourage you to download the song for yourself. I encourage you to listen to the words, and hear them as God singing them to you. I think you will then understand how I felt....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...