Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Pilgrim's prayer




I commit to the journey, not knowing where it will lead.

I trust in your spirit, Lord, to open the doors, so that I may progress.

When the way is clear, I rejoice.

When the way is clouded or confusing, I wait patiently for clues.

For the crooked road invites me to surrender to your plan.

And no matter how many times I do it, I still struggle each time You ask it of me.

For in truth, I would like to have "arrived" and not still wander.

And yet, I am on a journey, a journey that calls forth faith.

A journey that challenges me to continue moving and not sit idly by.

Sometimes, though Lord, I get pretty tired of the journey.

So send down some of that loving Presence, to encourage my soul.

For otherwise, I might falter and stumble.

Which is not the end of the world.

But is a type of darkness. And You are Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...