Monday, February 13, 2012

Sacrifice transforms love...



It was the only movie at the theater that did not include blood and gore, animation or violence. The tag line said it was based on a true story. So, I went. I saw. And I was inspired.

I hear it was the number one box office hit over the weekend. I can see why. It isn't just a love story. It is a story of sacrifice, of trial, of choices. It is love under fire. And the end result is made beautiful because of that struggle.

But this story, powerful because it is true, happens to each one of us. Life is a series of choices, of challenges, and of sacrifices. We know this. What we forget is, those struggles and challenges can also transform.

That is where the movie, The Vow, has a lot to teach us. It is a vivid reminder to you and me that trial need not be a kill joy. If we work with it, (which does not necessarily mean overcoming it), trial can yield surprising results. We just never know.

On a weekend full of news of Whitney Houston, with her signature song "I will always love you" playing over and over again, I found "The Vow" a solid example of what that looks like in real life.

I share this in the hope that you too will find your inspiration, one that keeps you going forward in the midst of whatever challenges you meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...