Friday, April 1, 2011

Time to Prove

Sometimes waiting can be an opportunity to reflect back to God.


When I make a life-changing decision that I believe is part of my journey toward fulfilling God's work through  me, I expect things to go smoothly. I do this from past experience: when I discern incorrectly, I face all kinds of closed doors. When I discern correctly, I've seen things simply fall into place. I like that. And I've come to expect that.

But sometimes it doesn't happen that way. Sometimes, after spending serious time discerning, making major and challenging changes, things don't fall into place. Stress, fear and tension build instead, and I find myself questioning myself over and over again about the decision. I wonder if perhaps I've gone wrong.

I've come to the conclusion that when you truly believe you are traveling in the right direction, you are sometimes given the opportunity to prove to yourself just what you are willing to pay toward that goal. It's not fun. But it is an experience and opportunity to deepen myself.

In this journey of ours, its good to remember the words from Jeremiah 29:11-14:

For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord. Plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you says the Lord, and I will change your lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...