Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The True Struggle with Injuries

Santiago Trail, Cahors France
We've all heard it said. It isn't so much what happens to you in life but how you deal with it.

And it is true: we do need to deal with things, to process what happens.

But I think our greater struggle comes from the hidden anger we have with ourselves And I believe that is why we have such a hard time letting go. Though we say someone betrayed or misrepresented or whatever they did to us, something bothers us more. If we stopped and were really honest,  I bet we would hear ourselves saying Why did I believe what she said? Why do I trust people so? When will I learn? 

Perhaps that's why forgiveness is so hard for us. Perhaps when it comes to forgiveness, the hardest person to forgive is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...