Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Life is not a Tragedy

Attitudes toward life color everything we see and do. L Giussani writes Life is not a tragedy. Tragedy is what makes everything amount to nothing. Yes, life is a drama. It is dramatic because it is the relationship between our I and the You of God, our I that must follow the steps which God indicates. (343)

 The I and the You of God. We balance our whole lives on that phrase. In seeking God, we must not forget we are uniquely made and that our I will live forever. In caring for the I, we must not forget we are made for God.

The I is likened to the tree planted near running  water (God) that yields its fruit in due season, and whose leaves never fade. (Ps. 1) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...