Sunday, October 3, 2010

Believing beyond belief

Much of life means using common sense. Yet, in this spiritual journey we are on, we go beyond what common sense tells us to reach out for things unseen. How do we keep the balance between the two?

I suppose it comes down to trial and error, and never leaving common sense totally behind. It also means being willing to make mistakes, to realize there is a difference between the "pie in the sky" and the authentic calling to something beyond.

I say this because I am again moving forward, and dreaming big, and waiting on the Lord to enlighten. And I find myself balancing common sense with the fire within that makes me believe great things are still ahead.

Are you dreaming? Are you believing great things still lie before you, and that you must sometimes risk to find them?

It comes as the psalmist says, "Trust in the Lord and do good. And he will grant you your heart's desire." (37)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...