Saturday, October 2, 2010

Power of God

Reading today psalm 91, I love the verses: You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, Say to the Lord, "My refuge and fortress, my God in whom I trust.

Such verses remind me of the power we have with God, a power I think we sometimes forget. Lately I've heard people blame the "devil" for the difficulties in their lives. Well, remember, the spirits come to "guard you in all your ways." If there are spirits out there, many more are out to help us than to destroy us.

What are spirits but vessels of God? And if God is within his spirits, just as he is within us mere mortals, can we not have the greatest trust? Why do we forget our strength and give in to fear?

Today is a good day to take up that trust and go forward. For psalm 91 says No evil shall befall you, no affliction come near your tent. For God comands the angels to guard you in all your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...