Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Integrity

Integrity. I just heard a wonderful description of integrity from someone I respect. Integrity, she said, is the gap between what you say and what you do. The smaller that gap, the greater the integrity of that person. The larger the gap, the less integrity.

I like that concept. It's addressing the divide we often find within ourselves between what we say we believe and how we conduct ourselves. To bring the two closer together is to live with an ever increasing integrity.

She got the concept, she says, from God. He is the Word. And what he says, he does.

I love that thought. Think I will chew on it for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thought. The question of integrity has raised for the question of the relation between what I do and what I say I want to do. It is something I am pondering, as I noted in my blog (where I quoted part of your entry above).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda, for the imput. I think the struggle doesn't reflect so much your integrity as the common human heritage we all share. All of us are challenged in this life. How you deal with that struggle, now that, I would say, reflects your integrity. Whether you make what you say true, or find it easy to say one thing and then just do another. The fact that you are bothered by your struggle to be true to your word, I would say, that proves your integrity.

    ReplyDelete

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...