Thursday, October 20, 2011

Meditation changing life



We hear the benefits of meditation: calm, peace, and becoming centered. But my meditation should go further than just me...it should break forth into life.

It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great person is she who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." writes Ralph Waldo Emerson.

It is a good question to ask myself. Do I take what I learn in solitude and silence and bring it with me into the crowd?

If I don't, then what does it profit me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...