Monday, October 24, 2011

I love you Lord my strength!



I cannot think of a psalm that speaks more to the heart of hearts than psalm 18: I love you, Lord, my strength, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, my shield, my saving horn, my stronghold!

The psalm offers us a mantra, something we can say while driving, standing in line, or even beginning our meditation. It is unique because it addresses the Lord in familiar ways, and gives images that demonstrate the steadfastness of Divine Love: rock, fortress, and shield. It believes the Lord will deliver even as the Lord stands strong. In effect, this psalm tells us that the Lord is nigh, and will be there for us. It does not ask for signs or wonders, it simply proclaims the soul's belief in Divine Good Will.

It gives us a good example to follow. When we believe the Lord is our strength, we will not fret or worry so much about things that are, for the most part, beyond our control.  We will know that the Lord is there for us, to deliver when fit, to save, to protect.

But most of all, the Lord is worthy of our love. And so we say wholeheartedly, I love you Lord, my strength, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...