Sunday, February 27, 2011

Love in Shadow

Psalm 63 reminds us to Rest in God alone. It continues He only is my rock and salvation, my stronghold: I shall not be distrubed at all.

Psalm 63 is reminding us that only one can give us unconditional love, God. All else will love us in a fallible but tangible way. We need to remember this. No matter how deeply we may love someone or they may love us, be it our soul-mate or a kindred spirit, if they are human their love will not always satisfy. Only God can love us perfectly.

Human love must be allowed human frailties. Human love can only go so far. It is based on God's love, but cannot totally imitate it. So the best of human love is the best of God's love in a shadow. We live with its crooked ways and its imperfect fulfillment. But we know, in God alone is my trust, for he is my rock...my refuge...pour out your hearts before him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...