Monday, December 13, 2010

Has Your "I" Seen?

Advent is a time of preparation, of celebration, of recognition. The whole world is caught up in the Christmas mystery, knowingly or unknowlingly. But do we know what constitutes the Christmas mystery? Is it just about the birth of the redeemer? Or is there more to this mystery than a baby in Bethlehem?

In Genesis28:16 we read God, you were here all along, and I did not know it. I believe this is the true Christmas mystery and message Jesus brought. It is as though he says, Hey you! Wake up. God has been here all along, but you have not known it, not recognized it. You look to the heavens for God, and he is already here, right in your midst, right in your soul.  Jesus came along and showed us these things, God is close to us, closer than we could have ever guessed or dreamed.

In Job 42:5 we read I had heard of you by word of mouth, but now my eye has seen you. Has your I seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...