Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bringing forth 'I Am'

Days of monastic life


I love reading over notes I wrote years ago, especially my meditation notes from when I lived within the monastery. I recently came across this one:

Perfection is the fullness of life - completeness of God's plans with our way of pursuing life. It is a drawing forth of what God has hidden inside. God spoke the Word and it became 'I Am.'


So hidden in us is the real "I Am" to be brought forth with thought, attention, with the very breath of our life. We must inhale God before we can breath out our true God-like self.

It is the mystery of our faith, to find God by reflecting on God. And in that reflection, we come to share in the Divine Life.

2 comments:

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...