Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Becoming the inspiration

A good life radiates like a warm sunrise


I absolutely love this reading from Zechariah 8:22-23:

Thus says the Lord of hosts: in those days ten people of every nationality, speaking different tongues, shall take hold, yes, take hold of every Jew by the edge of his garment and say, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

The reading fascinates me because it speaks to the power I can carry within myself when my spiritual life is active, alive and well. It means that such a life does radiate out beyond myself and touch the lives of others. It means that I can inspire by my passionate faith and lively hope more than I could ever by my clever words. It means that a life well lived is truly a life worth living.

The reading from Zechariah 8 speaks to hearts that yearn for something more. It demonstrates just how eager we are to learn the "secret" to a peaceful and happy existence. It means that we are willing to follow someone who has evidently learned that secret and is living with that treasure. Let that someone be you and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...