Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Time to give thanks


Thanksgiving Day, a time to give thanks.

As we give thanks for what we see as blessings, let us not forget those things that helped us grow and mature. Perhaps they were painful times. But they are blessings none the less.

This is the concept given to us in Romans: For those who love God, all things work together for good (Romans 8:28). Blessings come in many guises, including those we do not like.

This Thanksgiving Day, I want to be grateful for all the gifts I have been given, even those I wish I had not gotten. Because it all can work together for good, if I just give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...