Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Light and my Salvation

The Lord is my light and my salvation, says psalm 27.

When I first prayed this psalm, I believed it was a prayer of trust...if God is with you, whom should you fear? No one. But then life's trials ovecame me. My prayer of trust seemed small, unheard, and forgotten. I soon turned to other prayers, those that cried for help and assistance, not those that spoke of me being strong.

But when healing came and my life changed, Psalm 27 changed too. Instead of reading it as a prayer of trust, I began to see it as my witness to the truth. Light draws. Jesus draws. But sometimes Jesus hides or seems far away. Who will be the light during these times? I will, by being the faithful soul who is open to letting the light shine forth.

Have you ever been in the presence of someone who radiated light, and you were awed to experience God's power within the human soul? Having the Light within speaks volumes. Such light brings salvation to others. The Lord is my light so that I may be someone's refuge. Not by words. But by following the inspiration that brings comfort to a grieving or suffering soul. The Lord is my light. We are called to be light as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...