Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kingdom of God

Meister Eckhart writes: Our Lord says: Know that the kingdom of God is close to you. Indeed, the kingdom of God is within us; God is closer to me than I am to myself; my being depends on God's being near me and present to me....I am the more blessed the more I realize this, and I am the less blessed the less I know this. I am not blessed because God is in me and is near me and because I possess him, but because I am aware of how close he is to me, and that I know God. The patriarch Jacob says: 'God is in this place, and I knew it not.' We should know God and be aware that God's kingdom is near to hand.

 God is within you...waiting for you to open the lines of communication. You need go no further than your own soul for comfort, light, grace and courage. If these are lacking, you may be seeking them in the wrong place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...