Thursday, September 20, 2012

Touching the hand of God



I love Michelangelo's picture of creation, God's finger touching the finger of humankind.  It speaks eloquently of what our relationship should be with the Divine Being. I think that it should not just be in a painting. I believe that living with faith means realizing my own ability to touch the finger of God.

I am sure you get as tired as I do of reading about God or listening to others speak of God's love. I find I want to feel that Divine love for myself. I find that there are times when words have become empty, and I need that one on one God-with-me experience. 

I find in my own journey that the problem isn't having the experience, but recognizing it.  I find it easy to get caught up in the moment, and forget to reflect on its impact. I find it easy to look back and say, "Wow, God was really with me at that time," but can easily fail to see God with me in this present crisis or challenge. I find it easy to write about God, but harder to live out my own inspirations, my own insights, my own words.

I suspect we all struggle with these experiences. I think that it comes down to mindfulness of the moment. For when we are mindful, that experience is not lost in the milieu of events. It becomes a point of touching the finger of God.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...