Friday, September 24, 2010

Favorite Scripture Verse

We all develop a favorite Scripture verse. Mine used to be Ps. 27 "The Lord is my Light and my Salvation, whom should I fear?"  I was young then, and life was as yet untried.

Later, another verse spoke to me, this time from Ps. 18 "I love you Lord, you are my strength."  By then life had indeed become heavy, and I looked to the Lord for help.

My favorite scripture verse of late has been from 1 Samuel 3, "Speak, Lord, your servant is listening." It is time for another change, and as always, I feel the need for the Lord to guide.

Favorite verses come from where we are in life. Which is good, because scripture should speak to the inner most depths of our soul. When we find a verse that mirrors our own sentiments, we should hold on to that verse. It can become a souce of comfort, strength, and just hope.

1 comment:

  1. My favourite verse is John 1:51: ‘Very truly, I tell you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.’

    ReplyDelete

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...