Wednesday, July 21, 2010

God's presence.



Somewhere in scripture Jesus says we are never alone. We used to think of this as God "watching" us always. No matter where we were or what we were doing, God was sitting up in heaven and could "see" us.

But I now think of such things differently. I think of God being within me, not so much watching, but just being. And no matter where I go, I am taking God along. Maybe he is sleeping like Jesus did in the boat. Maybe he is enjoying the view. Maybe he is trying to catch my attention.

Julian of Norwich spoke of God as the acorn. Catherine of Sienna saw him as a bridge. But, however your image, we do carry about a presence divine and wonderful and awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Freezing Beautiful Times

Life would be so much easier if we could freeze the beautiful times, the times when joy overflowed and we were in tune with life around and ...